Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oops

I got an automated e-mail titled, “Gates expected to stay on at the Pentagon,” and I totally misinterpreted the meaning. When I first glanced at it, I took it literally, and thought it had something to do with fences and gates. Of course, I then realized that it was about Defense Secretary Robert Gates keeping his job.

My mind is a terrible thing, and it’s been wasted many times. I started to think of other headlines, such as, “Bush uprooted by election,” or, “Rice steamed after hearing remarks by head of state.” I’d love to know if the person who wrote the headline about Gates intended the consequences. I think I could do lots with this over the holidays. How about, “Many veterans enjoy Gay exhibit,” about a photography exhibit featuring the Enola Gay.

Any other headlines welcome.

No comments:

Search YouTube