Sunday, December 28, 2008

Most of the time, I like being single

It's funny that the only time I regret being divorced, is when I'm bleeding to death...or think I am. Yesterday I cut my finger while washing dishes, and I had a sneaky feeling I'd need stitches. My finger was bleeding profusely, and I was reacting as I do when I drive by an accident: look, don't look, look, don't look. I started worrying that I might pass out. Somewhere between the kitchen sink and the emergency room, I started lamenting being single. There's something about driving yourself to the hospital with your finger wrapped in a Kotex light-days panty liner (a novel use of those, I think), that gives you pause. I don't want my husband back. I don't even want a husband. I know I could have called a friend. But, for one second, I missed being married. I think I'll give up washing dishes...it's easier.

1 comment:

Paradox Philic said...

I agree... just give up washing dishes :P

There was an error in this gadget